You’re probably hearing a great deal about hybrid autos these days. They may be definitely being discussed everywhere. Hardly a day goes by that a major newspaper or television network isn’t doing a feature story on hybrids. And everyday it seems like one vehicle manufacturer or another is introducing a new hybrid vehicle.
So what’s all the buzz about?
Nicely, hybrids are a new type of vehicle that runs on electricity (from a battery) and gasoline. Now, that’s a novel idea isn’t it?
Hybrids are picking up steam (sounds like a pun doesn’t it?) everywhere, including the world’s most a car lovin’ city – Los Angeles – where many on the top stars are hybrid owners.
Inside the “City of the Angels” you’ll see environmentally forward thinking celebrities, like Bill Maher, Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and “Seinfeld” co-creator and “Curb Your Enthusiasm” creator and star, Larry David behind the wheel of their hybrids.
You might also see the lovely Cameron Diaz cruisin’ the Hollywood Hills in her hybrid. And when Leonardo Di Caprio truly wants to feel like “the king with the world,” guess what he’ll be driving? You did guess a hybrid, didn’t you?
What do the stars know that you don’t?
Nicely they know that driving a hybrid makes a whole lot of sense (and may perhaps save some cents too!)
Would like to know far more about hybrids? Good. Now here are 7 reasons to purchase a hybrid car.
1. The smaller hybrid compacts and sedans save considerable amounts of fuel compared to autos powered by gas turbine engines. If you’re interested in saving dollars on gas, this could be your solution.
2. The larger hybrid cars and trucks are not concerned with fuel efficiency. These automobiles are purchased simply because their owners want to boost power and performance. If you’re seeking to get greater performance, consider a hybrid.
3. Hybrids can save you money in a multitude of ways. While the typical hybrid is about $3000 additional than a typical car, this cost differential will narrow as auto manufacturers produce more hybrid cars inside the future. The hybrid savings come inside the form of state and federal incentives, reduced maintenance costs, and of course, lower fuel costs.
4. Your hybrid will even be financially advantageous to you when you decide it’s time to sell it. The resale value of hybrid cars is exceptional. Unlike most autos, hybrids hold their value at an astonishing level.
5. If you care about the planet and you’re concerned while using kind of environment you leave for future generations, driving a hybrid vehicle is an important environmental statement. Hybrids generate much less pollution than their regular counterparts.
6. Driving a hybrid saves gas. That’s a positive for our economy. The less we, as a society, spend on gas means we have a lot more money to spend on other essentials and luxury products. We could even save the money we would have spent on gas and use it for our savings or investment plans.
7. Driving a hybrid could support America fight the war in Iraq. Here’s why. In addition to funding U.S. soldiers as well as the Iraqi efforts to create a democracy, many experts contend the U.S. is really funding both sides on the Iraqi war. They believe Middle Eastern oil interests’ are using part of their profits to fund the insurgency. So, in effect, our excessive oil consumption makes it additional difficult to bring peace to Iraq. Bottom line: the much less we spend on gas and oil means much less financial resources for our enemies overseas.
For all of these reasons, hybrid cars and trucks are “the next big thing inside the automotive world.” So when it comes time for the next auto buy, do yourself a favor and check out out some hybrids cars. You might uncover that a hybrid is the perfect vehicle for you