Yoga is an effective form of meditation that focuses on exercising the mind and body as one. Without the proper mental mood the yoga positions for beginners become so many physical exercises, an exotic but ineffectual substitute for calisthenics.
With its main emphasis on balance, relaxation and moderation, yoga is a beneficial practice that can be both fun and easy for beginners of all ages to learn. The Yoga exercise is also believed to make a practitioner look younger. The basic yoga moves involved in the poses and exercises will provide inner peace and radiant health.
Easy Yoga Positions for Beginners
- Mountain Yoga Pose – More than just standing, this posture is used to center the body, focus the breath, and as a transition to other poses.
- Seated Forward Bend – Provides a wonderful stretch for anyone’s skill level and helps a yogi calm the mind before moving on.
- Plank Pose – This strength-building pose is beneficial, even if only the modified version is performed.
- Upward Facing Dog Pose – One of the many energizing poses in the Sun Salutation Sequence.
- Warrior Pose – Because of its many variations, this asana is a very accessible yoga position for beginners.
- Lotus Pose – This is the traditional meditation pose.
- Corpse Pose – A healthful restorative pose, usually done at the end of practice.
- Triangle Pose – Helps beginners understand what it means to “activate” certain areas of the body and achieve balance.
- Seated Spinal Twist – Beginners continue to deepen twisting poses as skill level increases.