- Drop Orange zest and mint leaves into ice trays before making ice cubes. Use the orange ice cubes for orange juice and mint ones for mint based drinks.
- Does your skin itch due to the harsh sun in summer? Bathe the affected part of skin with water in which carrots have been boiled. This heals the skin faster.
- Use boiled water to make ice cubes that are crystal clear.
- Pour lime juice with sugar and little salt into ice trays to make cubes which can be used for instant lemon juice.
- Garlic pods stored in refrigerator are easier to peel.
- Drop a few cloves into the sugar jars to keep the ants away.
- Add a pinch of salt to coriander powder to keep it free of insects.
- To preserve Ginger-garlic paste, fry the ginger and the garlic in oil before making the paste.
- Cutting bitter gourd in half horizontally, and storing it in refrigerator keeps it fresh for longer.
- Rub a mixture of tamarind pulp and dishwashing powder on copper and brass items to make them shine.
- Iron washed curtains and bedcovers when they are damp. It makes ironing easier.
- Apply toothpaste on a piece of cloth and rub on glasses to get rid of any scratches.
- Press the cap of soft drink bottle into bottom of your bath soap, this helps to keep the soap dry.
- Get rid of a sudden bout of coughing, by chewing on cloves.
- Get rid from sudden stomach ache by munching half teaspoon carom (ajwain) with a pinch of black salt. Wash down the fiery taste with water.
- Dissolve rock salt in water and gargle to get rid of mouth ulcers.
- Eat a teaspoon of fried cumin seeds mixed with a pulp of a ripe banana before going to bed, it helps you to sleep peacefully.