Feeling tired? Cannot move your neck, hip, or leg right after you wake up having a nasty hangover? Can this be aging or your being intoxicated all the time is the real culprit?
Arthritis is from the root word “arthron” meaning joints. Joints are two connecting bones responsiblefor movement of body parts which can rotate, glide, and sway safely. They may be classified as structural or functional joints. Structural which are known as cartilaginous that is joined by cartilage, synovial not joined directly and fibrous joint known as immovable. Functional joints’ classification falls under diarthrosis, synarthrosis and amphiarthrosis. Diarthrosis is the most flexible type because it allows various movements normally functioned by elbows, knees, hips and shoulders.
There are over 100 types of arthritis as medical groups have discovered and are still vehemently continuing to increase in number. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis are three prominent types of arthritic disease that are commonly suffered by millions of people across the globe. Osteoarthritis is caused by overuse of joints in daily tasks and activities, family history, sports, and lack of exercise. Rheumatoid arthritis is acquired through malfunction of the immune system in which parts of the body; especially the joints, are attacked by itself. Psoriatic arthritis affects people with psoriatic disease in which the affected area is the skin surface.
Study shows that alcoholic beverages have great reactive effect when taken by the patient simultaneously.
Effects of alcoholic beverages during arthritis medication:
- Physicians are having difficulty in associating drugs withactively drinking alcoholic beverages because tolerance of drugs is not well measured and alcohol subsequently causes increase inliver enzyme.
- Alcoholic beverages can irritate the lining of stomach that can result to ulcers and GI (gastrointestinal tract) while taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and steroid like prednisone for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages while taking large doses of acetaminophen drug can cause risk of liver poison.
Despite medical studies that while patients who are taking medicines for arthritis should refrain from drinking alcoholic drinks, there are also good effects why patients with arthritis can enjoy required dosage of alcoholic beverages.
Advantages of alcoholic beverages for arthritis:
- Moderate drinking of alcoholic beverages can contribute in strengthening the immune system. More so, people who drink alcoholic beverages three times a week or more are less likely to experience symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis than those who do not drink; which will somewhat increase the risk of with four times chance of getting such disease.
- Quite enough alcoholic beverages present in the body have mild killing effect and people in pain cannot notice the early sign of arthritis.
- Hypothesis of researcher that alcoholic beverages can possibly protect from systemic inflammation to likely develop for those (RA) Rheumatoid Arthritis and (OA) Osteoarthritis patients.
Two different reactions regarding the positive and negative effects of alcoholic beverages for joint infection related diseases are still on discussions among specialist in the medical industry. Whatever studies may come out regarding the contribution as well as mishap of alcoholic beverages in our health, the key to it is always moderation.