Most, if not all, American adults dream of becoming a home owner someday. To date, there are about 3.75 million homes for sale in the market, according to the US Census Bureau, and Livingston homes for sale is included in that statistics. A little trivia about the place: Livingston in New Jersey was named in honor of William Livingston, the first governor of New Jersey and a framer of the Constitution. Livingston served as governor for 13 terms before he died in 1790.
This town has a population of 27,391 people, according to the 2000 Census. Locals here enjoy a very pleasant lifestyle with easy access to New York City and other areas of New Jersey. Interstates 80 and 280, the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Turnpike, and Route 24 are all close to Livingston. It has six elementary schools, two middle schools and a comprehensive high school that received the US Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon Award in 1998. The town’s recreation program includes two community pools, tennis courts, basketball courts and playgrounds, youth and adult athletics. This small town also boasts of 30 community boards and organizations, a testimony to residents’ dedication to Livingston’s unique brand of “quality of life.”
It’s no brainer why most people regard home ownership as their utmost dream and priority; a house serve as our refuge and sanctuary and is considered one of the basic needs of man. Still, why do Americans consider buying and owning a home as their greatest dream? Here are a few reasons why people today are getting smarter and are starting to buy homes to call their own.
1. Both house prices and interest rates are cheap and on the low. As most experts say, it’s a buyer’s market these days. Although you need to check on which areas are still with great demand and with relatively higher house prices, generally, there are more buyer’s market out there, so scout around and do your search and homework online regarding these homes for sale, including those in Livingston real estate. But why are interest rates so low right now? Again, experts said the economy is the very reason why interest rates are very low right now. When the economy is weak, people and businesses are less inclined to borrow money. Like anything else, the cost of loans is affected by supply and demand, and low demand for loans means that the cost of loans — the interest rates — has come down.
2. A house brings enjoyment and fulfillment to just about any home owner. Who will not be proud to be a homeowner, anyways? It is tangible proof of your security and stableness in a fast-changing economy and the world at large. Not to mention that it is a testimony of your love for your whole family and high regard to their welfare as well. Plus the fact that owning a home has innate advantages and benefits, from planning and conducting unlimited activities to remodelling and redecorating your own huge space.
3. An investment like a house tends to appreciate over time. It is your protection against inflation. A house is a capital in itself, and may appreciate or depreciate, depending on economic cycles, still, it’s a stable investment.
4. You will have a chance to get more involved in community affairs or programs. Establishing and maintaining relationships in a community is more stable than renting or being in the move always.
5. You will have a chance to accumulate home equity. When you pay your monthly mortgages, your payment builds up toward something tangible, and that you can call your own someday.