The candidate is a bit nervous mood when he enters the interview room. His emotional balance has been upset a bit, by the consciousness that he is appearing before absolute strangers, who will perhaps, be not kind enough in their assessment of his personality. Therefore the interview board tries to make the candidate feel quite at home before putting questions on him to discover the real worth of the candidate for the particular job for which he is being interviewed. For removing the emotional tension of the candidate, the member of the board read out the “Descriptive Sheet” of the candidate which is a kind of brief account of particular supplied by the candidate himself then the board easy questions on the candidate which restore more confidence to him and answering more hard and complex questions in the later part of the interview.
If the candidate feel that member of the board are attempting to bother him unnecessarily by putting most irrelevant questions on him then he can complaint to the chairman of the board. It is the duty of chairman to put the candidate again at case. The candidate should, not in that case attempt to enter into a direct conversation with the individual member of the board. The candidate should take advantage of the following hints.
- The candidate should enter the interview room with fate in God at self confidence.
- While answering questions, he should speak in a natural way.
- Answer of the candidate should be relevant.
- The candidate should avoid using the words “Beg your pardon”. He should try to answer the question as soon as it is put to him.
- The candidate should not be get confused if a complicated question put to him. He should not pause for a long time.
- The candidate should not be unnerved under any circumstances. He should maintain the balance to mind to the very end.
- When talking to the chairman and the member of the board, the candidate should look into their eyes. He should also be keen, lively and cheerful while talking to them.
- The candidate must be courageous enough to admit his mistakes if the board point out the end. The split of honest owning his mistakes will enhance the prestige of the candidate in the eye of the board.
- The candidate should also not try to be over clever in answering questions. He should state only what he knows correctly. He should not attempt hazard guesses. If he does not know about a thing correctly, he must own it, gladly and should not bluff.
- Whenever the candidate avails the chance of describing his own accomplishments of good family links, then he should convey it in a most tactful and subtle manner.
- While undergoing an interview, the candidate should not inculcate the spirit of criticizing and finding fault with others. The candidate should know that he has not come to the interview to win a verbal battle but to avail a happy conversation. He should exhibits the spirits of agreeing rather than disagreeing.
- The candidate must listen and observe. If the other man wants to talk, he must extend him chance. He must be an attentive and enthusiastic listener. He must know the occasion of listening and answering.
- Before appearing in an interview, the candidate should make a perpetual practice in the art of interview. For the purpose he should win the cooperation of his friends, colleagues and family members.