Pimples are quite a common problem especially with teenagers and most of us have had them in one way or another. Pimples can reduce our self-confidence to the point that we don’t even want to be seen in public. We have a pretty good idea of what causes pimples, but we believe that the hormonal changes taking place in the body during adolescence is a major cause. Another main factor proven to bring about pimples are our stress levels. The more stress we are under, usually will cause outbreaks of redness in our face to the point of having one or more pimples that seem to pop up for no reason at all.
If you are looking for tips on how to prevent pimples, you may discover the following tips to be really helpful:
1. Natural honey – Using natural honey is a great way to cleanse your face and can help prevent pimples. Open pores in your face by applying warm water or mild steam and then apply honey. Wait for a few minutes before washing it off. To begin with use warm water. After you have removed the honey, splash cold water on your face to close the open skin pores.
2. Washing your face – Wash your face at least twice a day, first in the morning and second time at night before going to bed. Wash more often in the summer time to prevent oils from building up and keep your face clean. Remember to splash warm water on your face before applying soap as that opens the pores in your skin allowing for deep penetration of the skin pores by the soap. People with oily skin must use a water based soap. Don’t use body soaps on your face as that may clog the pores causing acne pimples. Soap must be rinsed off using cold water so that skin pores are closed.
3. Skin toners – Use skin toner – This is one mistake that many people make with they wash their face is that you should be using a good skin toner. The reason for using skin toner is to remove and left over soap that may still be in your skin pores. If residue is left on your face, that clogs the pores resulting in more acne. Toner can be easily applied by soaking a cotton ball in it and running it over your face.4. Moisturizers – After cleaning your skin add a good moisturizer and apply it to your face, rubbing lightly until it is absorbed.. If you have oily skin, use an oil free moisturizer.. People with dry skin must use extra moisturizing creams.
5. Eat fruit – Drinking plenty of fruit juice will also aid in getting rid of your pimples. Another great drink is the green tea which contains antioxidants that fight acne causing bacteria. Add fresh fruits, vegetables in your diet and take vitamins, chromium and zinc supplements.
6. Avoid heavy makeup – Try to reduce using heavy make up. Always try to go for natural products. If you have to, use water based products avoiding oil-based products.
7. Drink lots of water – Consuming lots of water is especially good for a clear complexion and will have a huge effect not only for your overall health but also on your skin. Drink at least 10 glasses of water in a day. Your body becomes dehydrated when you sleep therefore it is good to drink water before you go to sleep at night. Water is the best cleanser as it helps flush out toxins of the body.
8. Avoid hair spray – Do not use oily products like pomades or hair spray. If you do use hair spray try to keep your hair away from your face as much as possible. When you are sleeping your hair is always in contact with the pillow and the hair spray that you put on during the day will rub off onto the pillow case. As you move in the night your face is rubbing the pillow and getting into you facial skin pores. It’s a good idea to change your pillow case often.
9. Spot treat pimples – Use yogurt for spot treatment. Yogurt, which has been widely used in the food industry, is also now being used commonly in skin care products. Because of its acidic properties, the bacteria responsible for causing pimples can be destroyed by applying yogurt as spot treatment, and will lighten the redness of pimples.
One important thing to remember in treating pimples is that you should never pick, pop or squeeze a pimple. Touching it, or altering it in any way, would just aggravate it or infect it further, which would result to a longer healing time. What’s worse is that it can set off the spread of bacteria or cause the lesion to enlarge, leaving you with a scar that can be avoided.