How To Recognize Lead Poisoning

In the past, in the United States, lead was widely used in house paint and in gasoline. Even though these items no longer have lead in them, lead poisoning is still a health concern. Lead can still be found in many places and in many items still manufactured and used today. Older homes with lead paint are, of course, still a problem. Older toys and furniture were also painted with lead paint. Beware of these. Some fishing sinkers and bullets contain lead. If you have a hobby that involves soldering, making jewelry, or making pottery, look at your labels, read them carefully. Some of your products may contain lead. Many pitchers, dinnerware, art supplies and batteries made outside of the U.S. still contain lead.

Some of the possible symptoms of lead poisoning are:

Excessive cramps or abdominal pains. This is usually a sign of high level poisoning.

Aggressive behavior is also a symptom. Difficulty sleeping and constipation. Irritability and headaches. Having no energy or appetite.

Smaller children may lose their developmental capacity.

Some symptoms of high levels of lead might be weak muscles, staggering when you walk, vomiting, seizures and possibly coma.

One way to intercept a lead problem is keeping your home free from dust. Toss out old toys that might have been painted with lead paint. If you have imported wines with lead foil wrappers, wipe the rim of the bottle with vinegar or lemon juice. As with all health issues, make sure everyone washes their hands before eating or handling food.

If you have ANY reason to think that you may have lead poisoning, seek emergency treatment!

Do you have advice or knowledge that you’d like to share? Write articles for Bukisa! Click the banner below to apply. It’s FREE. That’s right, a genuine Work At Home job!

234X60-corrections.gif

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest