Hair can be both a fascinating and quirky, considering that there are 100,000 strands of them on an average on each person’ head. On an average an individual loses 100hairs from his/her scalp each day.
On reaching the age of 50, more than half of the men start displaying male pattern baldness and forty percent of menopausal women ail from female pattern baldness.
Here are some excellent options that one can inculcate on a daily basis that will aid in averting hair loss and getting a fine mane.
- A treatment to halt baldness and assist in hair proliferation generally used for men involves the grinding of the fresh flowers of the tobacco plant to a thick paste, followed by mixing in some olive oil and gently massaging it into the scalp.
- Licorice that is widely used in majority of hair loss prevention formulas is also suggested to post menopausal women to control their estrogen hormone levels. It is advisable to consume herbal supplements that contain equivalent parts of licorice, wild yam root, chamomile, skullcap, valerian root and black cohosh to prevent hair loss that is caused to depletion of estrogen in the system.
- A procedure followed by many Arabians for hair loss involves burning black cumin on a low heat to obtain black, burnt dust that is mixed with olive oil and massaged into the scalp and letting it stay for some time.
- Barley is a great hair tonic and reduces hair loss. One can dip barley in water at night, drain off the water the next morning and wash the hair with it to get great glossy streaks. To know more about Barley Leaves, Grass and Barley Seed
- Garlic oil, Sesame oil or boiled sesame leaves concoction, equal proportions of almond and rosemary oils are great for hot oil treatments for the hair. Herbs like parsley, mint and rosemary have been known to improve hair texture along with promoting hair growth.
- The grinded mixture of fenugreek soaked in water for 3-4 hours can be used as a liquid shampoo two times a week for a speedy cure to hair loss. Massaging of freshly squeezed coconut milk, boiled cow’s or buffalo’s milk is an age old cure for hair loss.