- 24 hours after whitening your teeth don’t eat any dark colored or acidic foods. Your teeth are especially sensitive right after. The bleaching process can temporarily strip away the protective coating on your teeth, making them more vulnerable and susceptible to staining. Avoid foods and drinks such as wine, coffee, and dark colored fruits like blueberries, and raspberries.
2. If you must drink dark colored drinks like coffee, tea or coke then use a straw. A straw prevents the drink from swishing around in your mouth too much and staining your teeth. If you drink it without a straw, directly from the cup, then swish some water or mouthwash around in your mouth for a few seconds.
3. Floss daily, used a whitening toothpaste and a whitening mouthwash to maintain that gorgeous smile.
4. Think about upgrading to an electric toothbrush if you don’t already use one. Electric toothbrushes are stronger and more effective at cleaning teeth than an ordinary toothbrush.
5. If you got your teeth professionally whitened then do a touch up every 3 months. Most dentists will give you a refresher kit, or you can buy touch up whitening strips at the drugstore.