Few simple precautionary measures have to be taking while consuming generic Nexium and they are as follows:
1. It’s highly important that you should discuss your complete medical history with your doctor before consuming Nexium, like – whether you have any Intestinal problems, liver disease, kidney disease, lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, asthma, heart attack, breathing disorder, any kind of allergies, serious injury/infection or any other severe disease etc.
2. Do not use the Nexium i.e. Esomeprazole medication, if you have any kind of allergy to it or to any ingredients of it and tell your doctor or pharmacist about the allergy and get treated accordingly.
3. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking Nexium medication. Hence also, inform your doctor immediately when you plan to conceive, or become pregnant during the course.
4. Also acknowledge your doctor if you need to undergo any kind of surgery, including dental surgery or need an x-ray procedure that uses contrast agents. So, inform your doctors immediately about it, so that the doctor can decide whether to continue taking Nexium medication or stop it during the surgery.
5. Let the doctor also know, if you are in-taking or are planning to take any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, health supplements or any other OTC medications, vitamins etc. Also inform, if you drink alcoholic beverages or if you smoke etc.
6. Do not share the drug with others unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. And if your symptoms of side effects do not improve in few weeks or if they become worse and bothersome, check these conditions immediately with your doctor.
7. Please, use the Nexium medicine in the prescribed amount and do not overdose it or use it for the longer period of time. Do not discontinue on your own and consult your doctor before doing so to avoid further problems.
8. Regularly, keep your appointments with your doctor and keep an eye on the progress or side effects that has been noticed during the complete course.
9. Also, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and alcohol containing beverages during the complete course to achieve good results.
10. For more information, contact your doctor and your pharmacists and also discuss the risks and benefits of the generic Nexium.
11. Remember: It is important that your doctor check your progress at regular intervals. If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, contact your doctor.
It is always better to carry an ID card mentioning your name, the medicine you are taking, the dosage, the name of the person and your health care professional they should call in case of an emergency. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory and keep regular checks ups. And in case, if you wish to use the medicine in children, please contact your pediatrician for sure before its use.
Try to follow your dosing schedule properly. In case, if you miss any dose, and if it is nearly the time of next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose on time. Never double your dose, which is very harmful.
Some side effects can be seen – Nausea, Gas, Stomach pain, Constipation, Headache, Dryness in the mouth, Diarrhea etc. You should stop taking this drug and contact your doctor immediately if any of the following symptoms, or any other unusual symptoms, occur, while you are taking Nexium: Confusion, Blurred vision, Rashes, Swelling, Severe pain or tenderness of the stomach, or abdomen, Vomit that looks like grounded coffee, Dark or black stools, Dark urine, Numbness or tingling sensation of the hands or feet, Yellowing of the skin and/or eyes, Uneasy breathing, Chest pain / unusually fast heartbeat etc.
Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced any serious sickness, particularly if it is related to the liver. Meals, milk and milk-based products should be taken 2-3 hours before bedtime, so that food travels down easily inside the digestive system. Sleeping on the left side, or raising the head 6”-8” while sleeping can help in minimizing the backflow of gastric fluids. Try to wear loose-fitting clothes.
To get rid of acidity-related problems try to give up: Alcohol and alcoholic beverages, Smoking, Coffee, Fatty and Spicy foods, Carbonated drinks with or without sugar, Chocolates, Peppermint, Tomatoes and tomato-based preparations, Citrus fruits and juices, Garlic, Onions, Vinegar etc.