“Health is wealth,” as the saying goes on. Health is very essential for the well-being of a person. Healthy people are mostly the ones who are happy, energetic, and well-rounded people. They eat healthy foods. They are strong, can work and study well, and so they have a healthy lifestyle. Some eat what they like and what their appetites crave, unknowingly what these foods would bring to them. People advise, “Do not eat this or that,” “Do not eat too much fish or crabs or seafoods,” there are many dont’s in eating foods. Being aware of this and eating healthy foods are important to be healthyy. One must know the healthy foods a man should eat. The following are the top 10 healthiest foods a man should eat :
1. Leafy vegetables- are the world’s most natural foods. They contain vitamins A,B,C, minerals, fiber, potassium, calcium,folate, and iron. They are low in fat, low in calories and high in fiber. According to some medical specialists, leafy vegetables can help cure disease such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, bowel problems, various cancers of the bowel ( stomach and colon cancers), kidney stones, and many diseases. The green leafy vegetables such as lettuce, cabbage, spinach, and brocolli are indeed very healthy.
2. Fish- like tuna, sardines, mackerel, and salmon are filled with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. This is a fat that prevents blood clots and may also reduce the risk of stroke, reduce triglyceride levels, and lower blood pressure. The omega-3 in oily fish, may protect brain cells from Alzheimer’s disease, block the production of inflammatory substances causing rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
3. Tomatoes – may prevent cancers and reduce the risk of heart disease. It contains beat-carotene and lycopene. Lycope is an antioxidant that turns fruits and vegetables orange-red, it removes the free radicals from our body.
4. Citurs fruits- like oranges, lemons, grapefruits are rich in vitamin C and contain fiber, a small amout of folate and potassium. The vitamin C in citrus fruits may protect the heart and boost the immune system. It also protects from inflammatory conditions like asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, prevent colds. The folate in citrus fruits lowers homocysteine level in body and reduce heart disease, and the potassium lowers the blood pressure.
5. Carrots- are rich in vitamin A that sharpen the vision and help the immune system. They are extremely healthy and nutritious. Carrots can prevent cancer and can delay ageing. The color of the carrot which is deep orange means it has sufficient amount of beta-carotene-the source of vitamin A.
6. Bananas- are very healthy indeed. They contain potassium, vitamin B6, and folic acid. Bananas may help alleviate diseases or conditions like diarrhea, fatigue, prevent cramps, and stomach ulcers, helps women suffering from premenstrual syndrome, kidney problems, nausea, fluid retention, and circulatory problems.
7. Milk and milk products- are considered perfect and complete food. They contain carbohydrates, protein, and fats, calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, vitamin A and zinc. They prevent osteoporosis in menopausal women and they are good for babies and growing kids. However some people have milk allergy that leads to diarrhea.
8. Garlic- protects the heart and improve circulation. Intake of two or three cloves of garlic can help reduce cholesterol levels. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects too. However, a raw garlic can irritate the stomach, especially with those who have gastritis and ulcer. They are advised to take caution.
9. Apples – have sources of pectin, which is a fiber that lower blood cholesterol and sugar level. They are also rich in vitamin C. They can prevent constipation, arthritis, gout, gastroenteritis,and diarrhea. It has an antioxidant that protects your body cells from damage.
10. Water – cleanses our bodies. It is life. When there is no water, there is no life. Mineral water contains calcium, magnesium, and sodium while distilled water has no sodium. Drinking water 8 glasses in a day can prevent kidney stones, infections, migraine, constipation, and heartstroke. It also prevent premature ageing and wrinkles. However, drinking water must be safe and clean to avoid typhoid,cholera, and gastroenteritis.
“You are what you eat,” as they say. Eating healthy foods will surely make you physically fit, have a sound mind, and a glowing spirit. One must not surely miss eating the 10 healthiest foods.