I frequently drive out of state. When I’m taking a long road trip, I like to listen to appropriate road trip songs! Here’s a list of the best road trip songs you should add to your playlist if you’re taking a long drive.
1. Life is A Highway (Rascal Flatts) – Probably my favorite road trip song. It’s got a real good beat and it’s nice to pop in when you’re starting to get a little antsy. “Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long.”
2. I can’t drive 55 (Sammy Haggar) – Great highway song! “One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey! Well, there’s too much traffic, I can’t pass, no!”
3.Cruisin’ (Smokey Robinson) – A little bit of a slower song. But, great while you’re coasting down the highway on cruise control. “I love it when we’re cruising together.”
4.Roam (B52s) – Great sing-a-long! If you were born in the 80’s, you’ll appreciate this one! “Roam if you want to, roam around the world.”
5. On The Road Again (Willie Nelson) – Perfect! Great song to start with. “On the road again, just can’t wait to get on the road again.”
6. Radar Love (Golden Earring) – Great 70’s road trip song! “I’ve been driving all night, my hand’s wet on the wheel. There’s a voice in my head that drives my heel.”
7. Stand (R.E.M) – This is actually a great song to play to make fun of someone if they get lost! Make light of things. “If you are confused, check with the sun. Carry a compass to help you along.”
8. One Week (Barenaked Ladies) – Okay, so it doesn’t have anything to do with driving, really. But, it’s still a great road trip song! It’s fun to try and sing with the lyrics! It may pass an hour or so as you try and get them right! “Chickity China, the Chinese Chicken. You have a drumstick and your brain starts ticking!
9. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) – Who doesn’t love this song? I guarantee if you include this song, everyone in the car will have a fantastic time. You’re guaranteed some laughs! It just seems to bring out the silliness in people.
10. Born To Be Wild (Steppenwolf) – This song rocks for so many reasons and it’s perfect for driving. It speaks for itself. “Get your motor running. Get out on the highway! Looking for adventure or whatever comes my way. Born to be wild!”