There are easy desserts that have about twenty steps to them and then there are desserts that you pretty much just throw everything into a bowl, stir and then spoon into a baking dish. If it’s fast to whip up, I want to know about them. I hope that you will follow my series of easy desserts you can whip up with your eyes closed. So lets get started. Grab your apron and lets make dessert!
Ice Cream Pie
* 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
* 4 cups crisped rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
* 2 pints mint chocolate-chip ice cream, slightly softened
1. Combine the semi-sweet chocolate and the rice cereal until all has been combined. Press mixture into a 9 inch springform pan to create the crust. Be sure to bring it up the sides of the pan to about an inch or so. Put into the freezer for about ten minutes.
2. The last step is to spread the ice cream that has been slightly softened onto the crust and pop back into the freezer for a few hours. It is good to go for at least a few days, but don’t expect it to last that long!
Believe it or not… that’s it !
Things To Consider
1. If this dessert is to be shared with other children, be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your child’s friends might have.
2. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
3. Read the recipe twice… at least. I have quickly scanned a recipe, that then completely missed the fact that I needed eggs. Yes, definitely been there and done that.
4. And be sure that you cover the page of the cookbook that you aren’t using. I have combined recipes more than once. Sometimes, I have gotten away with it, other times I haven’t! Better to be safe than sorry.
5. As you run out of ingredients, make sure that you write them down on a shopping list that you have tacked to the fridge. It makes baking so much easier if you actually have all the ingredients!
6. For best results, be certain that all of your ingredients are fresh. It does make a big difference.
7. I actually use a lot of powdered milk in my baking. That way I can make the amount I need and there is no chance that we will run out when breakfast time rolls around.
Tags: ice cream pie, fast and easy recipes, treats, quick desserts, vintage desserts, summer desserts