One good benefit of having a home care business and working with the elderly is learning great stories from days gone by and learning of great recipes. Vidalia sweet onion pie is one of those recipes.
Vidalia sweet onion pie is great any time of year. In the summer when they are coming out of those Indiana gardens it is even better as you can make a whole garden meal.
Make an onion pie for your family and share a piece with your clients.
Things You’ll Need:
- 9″ pie crust
- 3 Tablespoon butter or margarine/ Olive oil for healthier pie
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Evaporated Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 9″ pie pan
- First thing to do is make or buy a pie crust. Why do the hard part when Wal-mart or Aldi’s carries a great pre-made crust. Let your crust come to room temperature and put it in your pie pan.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice and saute` vidalia onions in butter, margarine or olive oil until tender. Put your sauted onions in your crust.
- Beat the eggs and add fat free evaporated milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs mixture over your sauted onions, place in your pre-heated oven add bake for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm, your family is going to love it.
Tip: If you want a fuller pie you can add more onions or more eggs, either will do
I’d like to add a picture of the onion pie but I haven’t figured out how to do it on this site.