The main objective of this article is to help you undersand how faith works in the life of a believing person who has accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour and has received the great salvation of God i.e. the forgiveness of all his sins.
A christian’s faith always demands certain action without which his faith is not genuine and he should not expect anything from God.
There are four basic actions which a christian takes when he says :”I have faith in God ”
- Praying To God
- Making Faith Confession Public
- Waiting expectantly for the reward from God
- Obeying God’s Command
1) Praying To God
Prayer is a voice of faith.Its an action that shows your faith in God.If you are believing that God can change your circumstance or situation then you will be praying to God with confidence in HIM.
Failing to pray with confidence shows your unbelieve and you have no faith.
2) Making Faith Confession Public
It’s about speaking your faith or making faith confession before this world even in the negative circumstance.
Paul said in the Book of 2nd Corinthians 4:13
“We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; ”
That day when Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego was brought before the king they made certain confession which is as follow :
Daniel 3 :14 – 18
- Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
- Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace;and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
- If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
- But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
So If you are believing in God on certains which you want HIM to do in your life then start speaking your faith before others;dont change your faith confession.
3) Waiting Expectantly For The Reward From GOD
The word God says in Hebrew 11:6
” But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. ”
Yes my friends if you are believing in God to work in your life then you have to do one important thing which also an action
“Tie your hopes with GOD and wait expectantly to receive the reward”
Waiting Expectantly is an ACTION of FAITH
David says in the book of psalms – ” As a servant’s eye is always towards his master’s hand,so as I my eyes towards your hands O Lord”
Lamentation 3 :26 Says
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation (deliverance)of the LORD.
4) Obeying God’s Command
When you are trusting God and performing actions of Faith;God will ask you to do certain things and not to do certain things.
That day when God called Abraham and revealed the plans and blessing which HE had for him.There was also a command associated with it i.e. LEAVE YOUR FATHER’s HOUSE AND GO TO THE LAND WHICH I WANT YOU TO POSSES “
Abraham believed and obeyed God’s command – he left his father’s house and started the journey without knowing where he was going.
Not only that God also asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son – To which he responded immediately without questioning to God – He believed in his heart that God can raise dead to life.
My friends your faith may demand obedience towards God’s command in certain areas of your life.And you need to respond immediately without any delay.
If this blessed you…
Why not post a response below, or say something on the Discussion Forum so that others can interact also?