The fact that changes in automotive technology brought along that auto electricians increasingly needs more and more advanced knowledge of sophisticated components and the working of these components.
Cause a normal school drop out not to be suitable to be trained as an auto electrician technician any more. It used to be the school dropped outs that was trained in the past to become workers in automotive industry. This is no longer the norm.
As people that’s wants to be trained as these technicians needs more advance skills and schooling now-a-days before they can be trained to be fit for these jobs. They must have a knowledge base of electronics and the working of electronic systems.
To become an advanced skilled auto electrician, you will have to undergo serious training in the understanding of these systems that is implemented into vehicles. You must have the skills and experience to work with computer diagnostic equipment.
This will be necessary for the following reasons.
- The diagnostic scan tool only supplies the technician with a default code.
- Then it is up to the technician to identify the possible cause of this defect.
- This default code can still be misleading as it can be caused by the substitution from the one defect to another.
- Therefore, the technician must understand this substitution due to the hop-technology that will try to override the defect by shifting it to a working component.
- After the real cause of the defect was identified, the technician must have the skills and knowledge to rectify the defect.
These are a few reasons why less and less people gets trained as automotive technicians, because you basically needs people with after school educations to be trained as automotive electricians in this modern world we living in.
To me this will become an even bigger problem in the future as the amount of vehicles with this advanced technology installed into them will just increase in numbers.